Sorting through the electrical service companies in your area can feel overwhelming, and that’s a whole new layer of stress thrown on top of the already crazy home building experience. You have probably already made hundreds of decisions about your new house, and you’re likely facing hundreds more. Furthermore, choosing an electrician to wire your new home is a major decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Searching for an Electrician
First of all, the place to start the search for a new electrician is with friends, neighbors, and family members. So, if you know someone who has had electrical work performed at their home, ask them about their experience. As a result, this is a fast and reliable way to determine which electrical service companies you could work with.
Once you have the field narrowed down to a few quality companies, you can ask the important questions. And while it’s important to obtain a quote from each company, never base your selection on price alone.
7 Questions to Ask Potential Electrical Service Companies
- What qualifications and experience do you have in the electrical service field?
- Do you have a license and insureance to perform this type of electrical work in this area?
- What kind of experience do you have with this specific type of project?
- Can you provide me with any references or recommendations from satisfied customers?
- Do you provide a satisfaction guarantee on your workmanship?
- Will you provide me with a detailed quote to help me make a decision?
- Who does the company expect me to talk to if I have concerns about the services you are performing?
Furthermore, if at all possible, ask these questions in person. And, pay close attention to how each electrician communicates with you. Are they professional and patient in answering all of your questions, or do they seem to be in a hurry to get you out of their office? If you end up leaving a message for an electrician, did they get back with you quickly and courteously? Most of all, try your best to choose an electrician who will make your communication and working relationship pleasant through the duration of the project.
Building a house is a major undertaking, and you don’t want to simply put your electrical system in the hands of the lowest bidder. You don’t want to take weeks to consider your options, but you also don’t want to rush the electrician selection process. If you follow this list of tips and questions, your search for an electrician should become much easier.
Finally, to get in touch with one of the top electrical service companies in the Atlanta area, call Arc Angel at 770.889.9243.